Friday, September 18, 2009

Blue Pommes Anna

We get these fabulous blue potatoes at the
Farmer's Market. They may look funny but
they taste great. They taste very potatoey.
For the pommes anna it is nice to have
a special copper pan. My husband gave me this
years ago. Its probably worth a fortune now.

Line a pommes anna pan with parchment paper.
Slice the potatoes very thin on a mandoline.
You can do it by hand but a mandoline is best.




Melt some butter in the bottom of your pan.
Start layering potatoes putting butter and salt
and pepper between layers. Do this till the pan is
about 3/4 full. Put the pommes anna lid on the pan.
Bake at 400 F for about an hour.
When done, flip over the pan and... Voila!!!

1 comment:

Gracianne said...

Hey, I have done almost the same potato cake on Sunday - with "normal" potatoes though.
Thanks for your comment on my blog earlier, I always enjoy to have readers coming from so far away.