Monday, August 10, 2009

Pastrami Sloppy Joe


Sorry the pictures are so blurry.

When I was growing up a Sloppy
Joe was hamburger meat in
some kind of tomato sauce
served on a hamburger bun.
A Manwich is a kind of
Sloppy Joe. When I moved
to NJ a hundred years ago
I learned of a different sort
of Sloppy Joe. I've never
seen a sandwich anywhere else
like it except NJ.
You can order turkey,
ham, roast beef and
even pastrami Sloppy Joes.






The sandwich consists of 3
slices of rye bread, whatever meat you
have chosen,swiss cheese, russian
dressing and coleslaw.
They are usually cut in
three pieces because
the sandwich is so big. Also,
there are really and truly
probably close to 2,000
calories in them.

A lot of times people have Sloppy Joe
Platters where they are cut in small
rectangles and you have a variety of meats.

I love them. They are one of the few things
that make New Jersey bearable. My favorite
was always turkey but now since I was introduced
to pastrami by an officemate, I'll have to
say its pastrami.

No comments: