Thursday, July 30, 2009

Banana Bread

I had a whole bunch of overripe bananas.
I hate to waste food so...
brilliant idea...
BANANA BREAD!!!
This recipe is from The Joy of Cooking

















I doubled the recipe. The recipe I am giving you
is for 1 loaf only. Line your 8 1/2 x 4 1/2 pan
with parchment paper.
Preheat oven to 350 F.
















Sift together 1 3/4 cups of flour, 2 1/4 teaspoons
baking powder and 1/2 teaspoon salt.

Blend until creamy:
1/2 unsalted butter, 2/3 cup sugar and 3/4 teaspoon
grated lemon rind.

Beat in 1 to 2 eggs and 1 to 1 1/4 cup ripe banana pulp

Add the sifted ingredients in 3 parts. Beat the batter
till smooth after each addition.

Add 1/2 cups broken walnuts.

As an added touch I covered the tops of the
dough with raw Hawaiian sugar. It gives it
a nice tecture.

Bake for 1 hour. Its easier to handle the next
day.


No comments: