Tuesday, October 6, 2009

Comfort me with apples some more - Apple Pie

Yes, it is apple season. I think the apples are pretty
good this year. I used a mixture of honeycrisp and
gala. All locally grown.

So make your pie crust.
I use 1 cup of flour and a 1/2 teaspoon of
salt. 1/3 cup butter and 3 to 4 tablespoons of ice water.
You know the drill. If not I'll be happy to fill you in.


For the filling I added some brown sugar, white sugar,
cinnamon, 1/4 cup or so of flour. Cloves and
the secret ingredient which you have no idea
how generous it is of me to divulge this:
rosewater. 1 tablespoon.


Roll out your dough. I only use 1 crust and curl it
over. So roll it out very thin and line your pie pan.



Put in the filling. I add about a tablespoon of
butter. Fold the dough over the
apples.


Bake at 400 F for 15 minutes. Then reduce the heat to 350 F
and bake another 50 minutes to an hour.





Soutenez-moi avec des gateaux de
raisins. Fortifiez-moi avec des pommes;
Car je suis malade d'amour

No comments: