Wednesday, February 18, 2009

Happy Valentine's Day!!!


I've been away for a long time. This is my first posting of 2009. To celebrate Valentine's Day I like to make sugar cookies. These are filled with homemade strawberry preserves. I used Tasha Tudor's recipe from Take Joy!

5 Cups flour
2 cups sugar
1 pound butter
pinch of salt
2 eggs
1 tablespoon vanilla
1 teaspoon baking soda dissolved in 3 tablespoons milk.

Cream the butter. Add the sugar. Beat in the eggs. Add the flour and salt. Then add the vanilla and the baking soda and milk. Refrigerate for about 3 hours. Roll out very thinly and cut out
into desired shapes. I use two heart shaped cookie cutters. One large and one small. I cut out the middle of some of the hearts with the small heart. Then I make a sandwich using strawberry jam that has been melted down and cooled.

3 comments:

Wendy said...

Very cute cookies indeed.
Welcome back. :)

Unknown said...

Yes those are so cute and delicious looking too. Welcome back,

Morven said...

These look delightful and I'm sure they are especially delicious with the homemade preserves.
Nice to see you back!