Saturday, March 29, 2008

Flammkuchen






I believe there are two types of people.
Sweet people and savory people.
I'm a savory person and this
dish is the definition of savory.

Flammkuchen

1 recipe of pizza dough
(I use 1 package of active dry yeast, 1 teaspoon
salt, 1 cup of warm water and about 3 cups of flour)
100 g. creme fraiche
100 g. sour cream
100 g. quark (its a kind of German yogurt)
1/2 lb. bacon
2-3 chopped onions
Heat the oven up to 450 F.
A hot oven is a must.
Spread dough out thinly on an oiled
baking sheet.
Mix creme fraiche, sour cream and quark
add pepper to taste.
Spead on the dough. Sprinkle onions on top.
Chop bacon into thin strips and put on top.
Bake for 15 to 25 minutes.

2 comments:

Morven said...

Sounds tasty - do you serve it hot or cold?

a toi rose society said...

Serve it hot.
And it is pretty tasty if I don't mind saying so myself.